Shipper / Receiver
The goal of the department and its personnel is to ensure seamless processing of outgoing shipments and incoming items as well as warehouse management, including forklift operations.
- Process all required paperwork and maintain efficient records for reporting and tracking
- Maintain or process shipping documents according to procedure.
- Schedule shipments as required using the most efficient method being cognisant of deadline and costs.
- Ensure that all shipments are prepared on time to meet scheduled pickup
- Monitor schedule where available to ensure that products arrive on a timely basis.
- Schedule daily transportation needs with approved carriers/couriers.
- Oversee or assist with the secure and accurate loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Ensure that any hazardous products are accompanied by the appropriate paperwork including MSDS sheets before being accepted into the premises. Handle such products according to Lowe-Martin's established procedure for chemicals and flammables.
- Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required.
- Manage inventory of shipping materials and supplies pertinent to the department.
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments and deliveries.
- Maintain organized work area according to policies, procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
- Handle all Forklift requirements in strict accordance with Lowe-Martin's policy and procedure including strict adherence to completion of the operator’s pre-use requirements.
- Post Secondary Diploma or High School diploma with equivalent related training and experience
- Min. 5 years’ experience in shipping/receiving
- Online Shipping, Tracking and Receiving experience utilizing various Shipping/Courier companies’ software.
- Experience in the printing industry an asset.
- Mathematical skills, ability to weigh and measure items efficiently
- Working knowledge of safe packing methods
- Must be able to successfully obtain a Forklift Theory & Practical certificate from an approved centre.
- Computer literacy, including working skills in Excel and e-mail.
The Lowe-Martin Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates may submit their resumes using the form at the bottom of this page.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.