Senior Systems Administrator
Summary of Responsibilities:
A Senior Systems Administrator is required for our Information Technology department, located in Ottawa. The successful candidate will have responsibility for the administration of IT systems and infrastructure that enable our lines of business. He or she will work independently in maintaining and improving the performance and availability of our IT systems. They will also assist with the design, planning and implementation of changes in technology to support future growth and IT lifecycle.
We believe that Lowe-Martin offers a unique opportunity for the right candidate to contribute to, and gain valuable experience in supporting our IT systems, in a unique, heterogeneous, multi-site manufacturing, warehousing and ecommerce environment.
The successful applicant will have at least five years of experience in an intermediate or senior IT systems support role. They will understand and appreciate the importance of:
- Awesome Customer Service
- Availability and reliability
- Service Level commitments
- Monitoring and reporting
- Proactive maintenance and troubleshooting
- Visibility of results to team members and management
- Communication of technical concepts and ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Teamwork and management of small teams
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience in IT administration, with particular reference to the following technologies:
- Windows Servers, 2003/2008/2012
- Linux, various distributions including RHEL
- VMware vSphere 5/6
- IBM and HP servers
- Windows PowerShell and scripting
- Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies
- Networking LAN/WAN/Wi-Fi
- Administration of SAN/NAS systems (IBM/HP)
- Telecom administration
- Network and information systems security
- ITIL 2011
- Committed to servicing our clients, both internal and external, with a demonstrable ability to adapt to rapidly evolving business needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to accept and meet performance objectives that relate to the availability, responsiveness and effectiveness of the infrastructure under their care.
- Ability to balance between the demands of day-to-day tasks (including conflicting priorities) and the need to focus on longer-term projects and assignments that require planning, time management and deadlines.
- Aptitude for systems architecture, lifecycle and documentation.
- Ability to evaluate and document procedures and systems topologies, and work instructions.
- Ability to travel within the Ottawa area, to support the IT departments responsibilities across all Lowe-Martin locations
- Ability to work overlapping shifts, occasionally respond after-hours and to participate in a 24x7 scheduled on-call IT support rotation, to provide appropriate service that may be a need
A degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualifications from an accredited community college or recognised IT training facility combined with appropriate job experience.
The Lowe-Martin Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates may submit their resumes using the form at the bottom of this page or by fax: 613-741-5328.
You must quote the position title in the subject line to be considered.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.