Occupational Health & Safety, Security Supervisor
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Health & Safety, Security Supervisor will be responsible for supporting all aspects of Occupational Health and Safety and Security Management Systems. This includes acting as a certified Member of the Health & Safety committee. The Supervisor will conduct health and safety audits and inspections, track incident/accident reports, including supporting investigations and ensure all health & safety training is conducted and documented. The successful candidate will also be responsible to ensure the administration and maintenance of MSDS documents. They will carry the responsibility of being the primary contact for the security of our facilities. Additional security responsibilities include, conducting Security auditing, training; maintain security documents, oversight and participation when necessary for special security projects and processing security clearances.
- Previous experience in Health & Safety, Security role
- Previous experience in Graphic Arts, Manufacturing environment
- Previous experience with management systems (Health & Safety, Security, ISO) in a manufacturing environment
- Conducting audits (Health & Safety, Security)
- Conducting hazard assessments, incident/accident investigations
- Customer service oriented
- Discretion, diplomacy and tact in communications with the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times is essential
- Strong communications skills (verbal/written), bilingual would be considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to multi-task, solve problems, and work well in a deadline driven environment
- Able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Positive attitude and energy focused on Awesome Customer Service
- Strong computer skills are required with the ability to navigate within MIS/ERP and knowledgeable with general Microsoft Office Suite products
- Health & Safety Legislation, Provincial, Federal codes
- Internal Auditing (WSIB/Work Well/Security)
- Graphic Arts Industry/ Manufacturing
- Government Security Protocols
- ISO Standards and related practices would be considered an asset
- Designations/Certificates related to Health & Safety
- College/University certificate/diploma/degree
- Minimum 5 years in a supervisory/management position
- Part I/II Health & Safety Certification, CRSP designation would be consider an asset
The Lowe-Martin Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates may submit their resumes using the form at the bottom of this page or by fax: 613-741-5328.
You must quote the position title in the subject line to be considered.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.