Summary of Responsibilities:
The Custodian is responsible for cleaning duties at the Hunt Club Road facilities in Ottawa, performing general custodial duties to ensure proper cleanliness. Main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Sweep, vacuum and mop floors and carpets
• Empty waste and recycling containers throughout both buildings
• Clean and dust meeting rooms, reception and general open office areas
• Clean and disinfect washrooms and fixtures
• Clean and disinfect cafeteria eating areas, counters and sink area
• Ensure cleanliness of microwave and clean out refrigerators on a weekly basis.
• Clean internal windows and doors at front entrance
• Keep tables, chairs, and other surfaces (i.e. kitchenette) in meeting rooms clean and tidy
• Track and arrange replenishment of inventory of supplies for cleaning and general use in relation to tasks through communications with manager
• Keep stairwell clean at Britannia location, as necessary.
• Troubleshoot and perform routine minor maintenance jobs and repairs, including office reconfigurations and changes
• 1-2 years of experience cleaning a commercial facility is required
• Maintenance and repair experience is an asset
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be attentive to ensure proper maintenance of a clean and safe work environment.
• Ability to perform physically demanding and/or repetitive tasks
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
• Must be able to pass a criminal record check
• Knowledge of use of equipment for custodial services such as vacuuming and carpet cleaning is required
• Knowledge of various cleaning products required
The Lowe-Martin Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates may submit their resumes using the form at the bottom of this page or by fax: 613-741-5328.
You must quote the position title in the subject line to be considered.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.